Cultural assets such as clothing, ornaments, household items, weapons, carpets and kilims are exhibited on the upper floor of the building used today as museum and located at Ucancibasi Neighborhood of Denizli city center. You may also see the wardrobe, bedstead with brass headpiece, coach and a Baroque style working desk in the room where Mustafa Kemal Ataturk stayed during his visit to Denizli.
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk (pronounced [musˈtäfä ceˈmäl ätäˈtyɾc]; 19 May 1881 (Conventional) – 10 November 1938) was an Ottoman and Turkish army officer, revolutionary statesman, writer, and the first President of Turkey. He is credited with being the founder of the Republic of Turkey. His surname, Atatürk (meaning “Father of the Turks”), was granted to him in 1934 by the Turkish parliament.
The museum is located on the 459 street in Saraylar district of Denizli. This construction was built at the end of the XIX century.
Double-storied construction consists of a central hall and rooms which open into the hall. The hall found upstairs opens to a balcony and to a section in the rear of the building, which was added later. The building is undecorated with a wiggle and groove design and wooden columns and molded covering . Before it was a party building and Great Leader Ataturk stayed here on his visit to Denizli in 4 February, 1931. The room in which Ataturk stayed is preserved with his baroque style desk, divan, brass bed and wardrobe that he used. One room is held as an example of Denizli family’s life style 30-40 years ago. There are beautiful examples of necklaces, weapons, clothes, Turkish works of art and etc.
After 1950 this building has furnished to services as Tuberculosis Dispensary. In 1977 building was registered by Ministry of Culture Affairs as memorial art and has been taken under protection.
After building’s restoration in 1 February 1984 of the building was opened as a museum. Building was damaged by the negative impact of time and architectural structures. At the end of 1997 was taken back for restoration. In 4 February 1999 has been put into service again.